Saturday, September 13, 2014

Favorite - Italian Cheeses, The REAL Stuff!


I thought it would be fun for a new "favorites" post. I share with you my thoughts on Italian cheeses. I'm not talking about the powdery stuff in the tall, green cans either. I'm talking about the fresh stuff you find in the refrigerated area. I like to buy it in the plastic tub but you can also buy it in the zipper bags. I love each one of these (Parmesan, Asiago, Romano) but I love them even more mixed together. I have been putting this stuff on everything! It's especially good on a salad. I even use it on other things that are more simple in taste such as plain veggies, or chicken, and even baked potatoes.

The thing about this deliciously fresh cheese is that you don't need to add a lot for such a huge punch of flavor. A little bit, even a teaspoon, goes a long way. If you are watching calories, this is the best cheese to use because don't use a whole lot of it, a light sprinkling will do you. For the past several months, it has become a staple in my home!

4 comments:

  1. sounds good. I'll have to look for that the next time I'm shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, cheese is one of the best inventions ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, we don't buy that green container at our house, either! Fresh grated all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! I love cheeses! I'm working on a big thing of goat cheese right now. It is another one of those cheese where a little goes a long way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...