Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tuscan Linguini


I got a few requests for this recipe. It is supposed to be the copy cat version of Noodle's and Co., but to be completely honest, it doesn't taste anything like the original dish. But it is so delicious. I also adjusted the recipe a wee bit after I made it the first time.

1 box of whole wheat or whole grain linguine
2 heads of broccoli
3 to 4 cloves of garlic
1 large red onion
1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
6 tbsp of white wine vinegar
1/2 cup of white wine
1 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tsp ground black pepper
6 tbsp cream 


Grilled chicken breast (sliced) for each person. 
Grated Parmesan cheese (see note below)
 
Cook your linguini noodles. 

Cook your red onion in oil until it softens. Add garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Pour in the vinegar and wine, let simmer for a few minutes. Add the cream.

Serve over noodles, add the grilled chicken breast, top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Don't use the Parmesan cheese that comes in the plastic jar by the pasta sauce. Use the real grated Parmesan cheese that comes in the bags by the other fresh cheese, or  you can grate it yourself. Believe, me this makes a difference!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious! I might just have to try it with tempeh. :)

    -Emily
    www.roseandjulep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these ingredients sound great together. I would skip the chicken and add extra cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does sound really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!!
    Could you please tell me what size box of linguine you used and how many servings it made? I'm going to use fresh linguine and need to convert the amount from the dry measure.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe actually calls for a box, but I used about 3/4 box (about 10 oz of dry. It really depends on if you like a lot of pasta, or a lot of sauce. This recipe made a total of four good sized servings.

      Delete
  5. Mmm, that looks good. I like to try to recreate restaurant dishes sometimes. I made a wonderful copy of Portillo's poppyseed fruit chicken salad recently. I'm not as creative as the restaurants, so I need to steal their ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...