Friday, February 21, 2014

Sewing Tip - Try New Things, A Lot!

sewing tip, try new things, try new colors

Try something new. About once or twice a month, try a new technique or a new product. This is something I have been doing for the past year. I have since learned so many new things, and have found some great products that wowed me, as well as some that I will never use again. But I'm glad I tried them all!

One of the things I tried recently was to really experiment with color. I went to the fabric store one day and bought about twenty yards of brightly colored fabrics, then came home and started using them! I used to stay in my blue/green comfort zone, until I found out how fun it was to use bright yellows, oranges, and lime greens. Now my fabric wall has about every color imaginable!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. I tend to do things the same way, use the same products and colors and don't venture out of my comfort zone. Maybe it's time to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always willing to try a new product but why is it that when I find one that I really like, it ends up being discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stash is a little short on brights, too. It is fun to mix it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great for summer! I wanted to try out making my own stamps, but haven't had the time to, maybe next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. New techniques and new materials can really get the creativity flowing. Love the new bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun getting out of a rut and working with new materials and colors! These fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...