Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day! Mine was fabulous. My son, his girlfriend, and my parents came over for a luncheon. We had chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, and yummy rolls. Healthy and delicious!

My son, who has had the pleasure of meeting Howard (our clinic owl, who has since passed), knows I love owls so they got me one of those real looking owls whose head moves to scare away various birds. I hope it will keep away that pesky woodpecker who keeps pecking at the side of our house.

My daughter lives in Delaware so she wasn't able to join us. I would be sadder about that but we spoke on the phone today and we discussed our getting together NEXT WEEK! I'm so excited!!! My son's girlfriend and I will be flying out for her graduation. We have so many fun things planned. I just wish my husband could go, but he can't :(

As usual, my mother spoiled me this Mother's Day. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Anyway, along with a few other things, she gave me a little bag with the grandma themed bibs, and a Grandma book. I think she is preparing me for my first grand baby that will be here in October. Next Mother's Day will be even more fun because the baby will be here!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting that there is a baby on the way in your family! I love the owl your son gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, watermelon! Nice to hear you had a good mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a happy Mother's Day. And what fun to visit your daughter!
    Love the grandma goodie bag you received from your mom. You will LOVE being a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great day! If my mother-in-law is any indication, you'll just love being a grandma. She coos over my nephew all day long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift from you mother! Your Mother's Day celebrations sound lovely.
    The owl is wonderful! How thoughtful of your son. I hope it does scare away the woodpecker.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...