Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ribbon Candy & Mimosas


This post is about Christmas traditions. One I've been doing for years and the other, I decided this year to bring back.

Since I was a little girl Christmas breakfast was always the big celebration for my family. And that celebration always included Mimosas. That delicious orange juice and champagne mix went so good with all our favorite egg dishes and fruits. I carried that tradition with my own kids who are now in their mid twenties.

As I was putting together my sweet shop tree I was remembering the ribbon candy my mom always put out at Christmas. It was the thin ribbon, not the thick stuff. This it the candy that is so delicate that it will break easily. Well, I found it at Amazon and I bought some. It's so pretty too! That will be my next Christmas tradition to carry on.

There are other traditions that I have but those are some that give me fond memories.

Do you have any traditions that you have carried on from years ago?

12 comments:

  1. Your ribbon candy IS so pretty! I'm so glad you got some! Christmas stockings stuffed with goodies, and small gifts is a tradition that is still going strong, even though the 'kids' are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...ribbon candy and mimosas sounds like a great tradition to me :)
    We drink pink champagne each year at my family Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love mimosas on Christmas morning, too. I've always loved the look of ribbon candy but never bought any. My question is: do people actually eat it? It seems like it is too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Christmas traditions, they always leave good warm memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo! We had ribbon candy, but it was the thick yucky kind. We always got an orange in our stocking (along with little gifts)--I think because my mom and dad thought they were such a treat when they were growing up in the Depression.
    I carried on that tradition with my kids--but this year I sent them their stockings along with tree skirts. No stockings hanging at our house this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that sounds so nice :)

    My family has a really nice breakfast on Christmas morning, and my stepdad always gets scratch-off lottery tickets for everyone and we scratch them off all together. It's my favourite part of the day, lol.

    Great post! Enjoy the ribbon candy - yum :)

    Erin from BloggingBuddies

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ribbon candy is so pretty! We visit my husband's family over Christmas. They have a tradition of fresh baked cinnamon rolls and oranges Christmas morning, followed by my sister-in-law's pozole soup for lunch. We didn't really realize the cinnamon roll thing was a tradition until the year something else was planned. One of my young nieces about fell apart! Cinnamon rolls were quickly produced and now they are never forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty candy! We put some ribbon candy in our treat bags at church. Not the thin stuff though!



    Stopping by from Blogging Buddies
    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful traditions. And the ribbon candy is pretty. I remember always seeing it out at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful traditions! Traditions make precious memories and are wonderful to hand down through the generations!!

    I love Ribbon Candy, it's so pretty!! My Grandmother always had Ribbon Candy out at Christmas time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely traditions! It sounds wonderful. The ribbon candy looks gorgeous.

    Following from iterative blogging.
    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...